User Information to be collected and collection method
“User Information” in this Policy means information related to customer identification, a customer’s action history on communication services, and other information related to customers or the customers terminals generated or stored on customers smartphones, personal computers, or other terminals that the City collects pursuant to this Policy.
User Information the City will collect through the Services include the following in accordance with the collection method.
Information provided by the customer
Information that a customer will provide to use the Services is as follows:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Photograph (one with content and in a form separately designated by the City; hereinafter the same in this Policy)
- Credit card information
- If a Guest Member answered questions about the trip, information of answers to questions about the trip
- Other information inputted by the customer on an input form stipulated by the City
Information that, when a customer permits linkage with other services in using the Services, is provided by such other services
If when using the Services, a customer permits linkage with social network services and other external services, the City may collect information provided by external services with which linkage has been permitted. Such information includes the following:
- IDs and other identification information that a customer uses on such external services
- Other information that a customer permits on the privacy settings of such external services disclosure to linkage partners
Information the City collects through the customer’s use of the Services
The City may collect access conditions and other information related to the method of using the Services. Such information includes the following:
- IDs unique to contractual parties or terminals (such as IDs generated by OS (Android ID), owner terminal identification number (UDID), subscriber identity number (IMSI), and MAC address)
- Log information
- Identification information generated by the use of cookie technology
- Location information
Purposes of use
- User Information will be used for the provision of the Services as stipulated in Paragraph (2) of this Article 2, and may also be used for other purposes as stipulated in Paragraph (3) of this Article 2.
The specific purposes of use of User Information related to the provision of the Services are as follows:
- To maintain and protect the Services, improve the accuracy of the recommendation function related to the Services, and otherwise enhance the quality of the Services;
- To deal with conduct that violates the City’s rules, policies and the like (“Rules etc.”) relating to the Services;
- For purposes of use ancillary to the foregoing purposes of use.
Purposes of use other than those set forth in the above Paragraph (2) of this Article 2 are as follows:
- To create statistical data processed in a format that cannot identify individuals in relation to the City’s services.
- To improve the accuracy of the recommendation function related to the Services, and to otherwise distribute or display advertisements of the City or third parties.
- To use for marketing and other information analysis.
Method of requesting discontinuation of use
By performing the prescribed settings for the Services, the customer may request discontinuation of use of all or part of his/her User Information; in such a case, in accordance with the City’s stipulations, the City will promptly discontinue such use. Depending on the type of User Information, the collection or use of such information may be a condition to the Services, and in such a case, if and only if the customer cancels the Services in a manner prescribed by the City, the City will discontinue such collection.
Provision of personal information to third parties
Without obtaining prior consent under the preceding paragraph, unless permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, the City will not provide any User Information that is personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the customer; provided, however, that the following will not apply in the following cases:
- If the City outsources the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary to realize the use purposes;
- If personal information is provided in conjunction with a merger or other business succession;
- If, in a case where it is necessary to cooperate with a government agency, local public agency, or a person entrusted by either of the foregoing in the carrying out of work stipulated under laws and regulations, the act of obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to hinder such work; or
- If otherwise permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations
- If the City provides Personal Information to third parties, the City will comply with setting, storing etc. records of the provided date of Personal information, third parties’ name etc. as provided for by the Personal Information Protection Act and rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
- Without obtaining prior consent under the preceding paragraph, unless permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, the City will not provide any User Information that is personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the customer; provided, however, that the following will not apply in the following cases:
Safety management for protection of personal information
The City will stipulate rules to protect personal information it acquires, publicize and emphasize such rules to its employees, and work towards maintaining and enhancing safety management measures necessary to protect the personal information acquired by the City.
Disclosure of personal information
If a customer requests disclosure of personal information pursuant to the stipulations of the Personal Information Protection Act, after confirming that such request is from the customer himself/herself or a legitimate agent (presentation of personal identification documents may be requested), the City will make disclosure to the customer without delay (if the relevant personal information does not exist, the customer will be notified to that effect); provided, however, that the foregoing will not apply in cases where the City is not obligated to make disclosure under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations. It should be noted in advance that there will be a fee (500 yen per request) for disclosure of personal information.
Correcting and discontinuing use etc. of personal information
- If (i) on the grounds that personal information is not true, a customer requests correction of the content of such information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, or (ii) on the grounds that personal information is being handled beyond the scope of use purposes announced in advance or that personal information was obtained through deceit or other unauthorized means, a customer requests discontinuation of use of personal information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, or (ⅲ) on the grounds that personal information is provided to third parties in contravention of Restriction on Third Party Provision of the Personal Information Protection Act, a customer requests discontinuation of the provision to third parties, after confirming that the request is from the customer himself/herself, the City will perform the necessary investigation without delay, and on the basis of the findings of such investigation, correct the content of, discontinue the use of personal information or discontinue the provision to third parties, and notify the customer to that effect. If the City decides not to correct, discontinue use or discontinue the provision to third parties based on a valid reason, the customer will be notified to that effect.
- If a customer requests removal of his/her personal information, and the City determines that it is necessary to comply with such request, after confirming that the request is from the customer himself/herself, the City will remove the personal information, and notify the customer to that effect.
- If under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, the City is not obligated to carry out correction etc. or discontinuation of use etc., the preceding two paragraphs will not apply.
Contact point for inquiries
Opinions, questions, complaints, and other inquiries concerning the handling of User Information should be addressed to the following:
BeppuCity, Department in charge: Tourism Division
Procedures to amend this Policy
The City will perform appropriate reviews of the state of operations relating to the handling of User Information, work towards continuous improvement, and may amend this Policy when necessary. If this Policy is amended, customers will be notified by posting on the City’s webpage; provided, however, that for amendments that require the consent of customers under laws and regulations, the consent of customers will be obtained by methods prescribed by the City.